Center for Dermatology
The Center for Dermatology at Amber Clinics is established to provide healthcare needs of wide segment of society suffering from various dermatological conditions. Whether patients are suffering from acute or chronic conditions, our team of dermatologists and nurses can deliver finest level of care including consultation, diagnosis, treatment and recovery support through patient support groups.
Center for Dermatology at Amber Clinics is equipped with advanced facilities for diagnosis and treatment of different skin disorders affecting both children and adults.
Services offered are:
- Management and treatment of Psoriasis
- Eczematous condition
- Adolescent Dermatology for acne and skin conditions
- Autoimmune disorders
- Aesthetic Dermatology (microdermabration, laser, chemical peel, Botox and PRP)
- Management and treatment of Psoriasis: Psoriasis causes skin cells to grow too fast and accumulate resulting in red, scaly patches. Lesions can come and go, and cover varying amounts of skin surface, triggering itching, pain and/or burning. Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune disease estimated to affect about 2.5-3 per cent of the world population; that is about 125 million people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity and socio-economic status. Psoriasis often starts between 15 and 25, but can develop at any age and about 1 in 3 people with psoriasis develop psoriatic arthritis, which affects the joints, tendons and ligaments. Psoriasis is also linked with co-morbidities such as diabetes, heart disease and depression.
- Eczema: Center for Dermatology at Amber Clinics provide specialized care for both children and adults with severe eczema, and have a dedicated treatment and phototherapy department.
- Adolescent Dermatology for acne and skin conditions: In most cases, acne can be managed using lotions and gels. However, if the acne is very severe, our team of dermatologists provides medical management, phototherapy (light therapy) and, for some women, hormonal medication.
- Vitiligo: Vitiligo is a long-term condition where pale white patches develop on the skin. It's caused by the lack of melanin, which is the pigment in skin. Vitiligo treatment may help to stop or slow the discoloring process and return some color to your skin.
- Autoimmune diseases: Autoimmune diseases can cause the body to react in many different ways our dermatology team is experienced in diagnosing and treating skin-related autoimmune disorders and diseases. We use a variety of both topical and oral prescription medications, along with other therapies, to help each patient achieve and maintain clear skin.
- Aesthetic Dermatology: Aesthetic dermatology focuses on the improvement, enhancement, and appearance of the skin on an aesthetic level.
6.1) PRP: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy involves injection of the patient's own platelets and fibrin for the cosmetic treatment of wrinkles or scars in the face, hands, and neck. Known to some as the "vampire facelift", it is less invasive than plastic surgery, takes about 20 minutes for each treatment, and offers improvements for up to 18 months. PRP therapy is used in hair restoration for natural looking results. With a thin needle, your own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is injected into the scalp. Then the growth factors in your blood cells do their job and hair growth is naturally stimulated. PRP Hair Restoration is suitable for both men and women
6.2) Laser Hair removal: Lasers are useful for removing unwanted hair from the face, leg, arm, underarm, bikini line, and other areas. Benefits of laser hair removal include: Precision. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
6.3) Derma roller micro needling: Microneedling is used for fine lines and wrinkles. Facial wrinkles, sun damage, and thinning skin are mainly caused by the loss of collagen and elastin.
Microneedling can significantly improve these conditions by producing natural collagen and elastin. This results in the reduction of fine lines, wrinkles and scars.
Microneedling with dermaroller is a new treatment modality for the treatment of scars, especially acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, and for facial rejuvenation. It is a simple and relatively cheap modality that also can be used for transdermal drug delivery.
6.4) Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatment aimed at diminishing problem areas on the face and body.
Mesotherapy treatment can be used for face, neck and under eye rejuvenation and also for common concerns such as hair thinning.
Benefits of Mesotherapy treatment
- Overall skin rejuvenation
- Increases the firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Improvement in the skin’s complexion and radiance
- Prevention of wrinkles and rejuvenates and revives dull, tired looking skin
- Improves tone and elasticity of sagging skin on the hands, décolleté & neck area
Treats all skin types safely
6.5) Botox Injection- filler injection: As we age, the natural collagen and elastin in the skin lessens, as cells lose their ability to produce more of their youthful component. The skin becomes dryer, thinner and less able to fix itself.
When we are born, we have plentiful amounts of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) in our body, but as we get older this store of HA diminishes, leaving the skin less well supported, and so lines and wrinkles develop. By lifting and smoothing targeted folds and wrinkles by adding subtle volume, dermal fillers can make a difference to a person’s appearance, giving them a fresher look.