Dr. Uma Vinod
Dr. Uma Vinod is a specialist consultant ophthalmologist with more than 20 years of experience in this field and is a Medical Council of India certified Ophthalmologist. She did her MBBS from Baroda Medical College which is one of the biggest medical teaching colleges in Western India in 1996 and her M.S Ophthalmology from the same college in 2000. She was adjudged best candidate in her M.S exam. She was a consultant at ECWA eye hospital Nigeria from 2002-2004 which gave her global exposure. She then joined as a fellow for phaco training at Lions Eye hospital India in 2005 and later led the team of ophthalmologists as a full time consultant till 2011. This was a charity based hospital which catered to a huge volume of patients which Dr. Uma proficiently managed both OPD and OT and was also a part of training team for the fellows in the training program. Till 2021 she was a full time consultant at Shail Eye hospital which was a dedicated eye hospital catering to all kinds of ophthalmological cases and latest cataract surgery instruments and set up.
She is a Life member of All India Ophthalmological Society which is the biggest Ophthalmological Societies in India. She has attended many conferences and training workshops on pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus, Management of cataract, Cataract surgery and advances, Ocular surface diseases, management of ocular trauma, Glaucoma and management.
Areas of expertise:
- Screening of refractive errors in children even non-literate preschool children, giving proper refraction and guidance on optimum eye care.
- Refractive error correction for all age groups identifying risk patients of keratoconus and their diagnosis
- Diagnosing and management of cataract with phacoemulsification cataract surgery with foldable Multifocal IOL, Trifocal IOL, and Toric IOL implantation.
- Identifying patients with risk of Glaucoma, Glaucoma diagnosis , treatment and follow ups.
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Diagnosing retinopathy changes in patients with life style diseases like Hypertension Diabetes and counselling the patients for regular follow ups and treatment .
- Counselling youngsters for computer vision syndrome diagnosis and treatment.
- Expert in minor OPD procedures like I and C chalazion, epilation of eye lashes, removal of corneal foreign body, removal of corneal filaments, ND yag laser for capsulotomy.